About Me

My photo
I am 22 years old and having recently graduated from the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts I have decided to embark on the Workbased Learning Course at Middlesex University. I have been interested in performing since a very early age, participating in ballet lessons from the age of 5. As I got older my passion only grew stronger and at the age of 19 after completing 4 A-Levels i decieded to study performing arts full time and have never looked back. Spotlight Link: http://www.spotlight.com/interactive/cv/063134220241 Skills include: · Advanced 2 modern ISTD · Advanced 1 Tap ISTD · Intermediate Ballet IDTA · Gold Jazz ISTD · Voice – Mezzo Soprano, Strong Belt · Accents – RP, Cockney, Standard American · Foundation Certificate in Stage Fighting · Competent Horse Rider · Grade 4 Violin ABRSM · Grade 4 Piano ABRSM · Full Driving Licence

Tuesday 9 November 2010

No Turning Back!

Ok, so I’m sure you're all looking at my blog and thinking its more than a little bland...? So its confession time, up until today I really was at a complete loss as to what this course was all about. Having left my application to the last minute I missed out on the induction session and was left trying to get to grips with what was expected of me alone. I finally got a chance to visit the Cat Hill campus today and after having spent some time discussing the course with Alan Durrant I feel that I can now start to get stuck in. Don’t get me wrong I am still terrified about embarking on this new experience and finding time to juggle professional work and university work, but I am a firm believer in the importance of education and I am not one to give up easily!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,

    I now, like probably yourself when you wrote this post, just embarked this experience as a January (late) start student and I have no clue of this new experience I'm starting...I definitely know what it's about but very confused on all the details of the course and how to get started. I would love to have some tips or hints from you since it seems you have been in my same situation in the past...I couldn't attend the induction day so that probably would have helped me...
    Hope to hear from you sometimes! :)

    ReplyDelete